Vivek Oberoi is an Indian actor, businessman, and philanthropist. He works predominantly in the Bollywood and is best known for his role as “Kaal” in the film, ‘Krrish 3.’ Let’s find out some interesting facts about Vivek Oberoi.
Vivek Oberoi Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Net Worth
Vivek Oberoi was born on 3 September 1976 (age 42 years; as of 2018) in Hyderabad, India. He was born as Vivek Anand after the Hindu Monk Swami Vivekananda. He shortened his name to Vivek when he joined movies, as he believed that romancing and dancing onscreen with that name would be an insult to the monk. He did his schooling at Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad, and went on to Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan to complete his further education. Vivek was a great athlete during his school days. He used to participate in all kinds of sports like hockey, table-tennis, cricket, and football. He was even a part of his school’s hockey team and played at the state and national levels. Also Read: Sara Tendulkar Biography, Boyfriend, Family, Age & More
|Real Name||Vivek Anand Oberoi|
|Profession||Actor, Businessman, Philanthropist|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||3-Sep-76|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Vivek Oberoi Education
Qualification: Master’s Degree in Film Acting
School: Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad
College: Mayo College, Ajmer
Vivek Oberoi Career
Profession: Actor, Businessman, Philanthropist
Debut TV Series/Movie: Film: Company (2002)
TV: India’s Best Dramebaaz – Season 1 (2013)
Salary: 3-4 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $14 million
Vivek Oberoi Family & Relatives
Father: Suresh Oberoi (Actor)
Mother: Yashodhara Oberoi
Sister(s): Meghna Oberoi
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Priyanka Alva (m.2010–present)
Son(s): Vivaan (born in 2013)
Daughter(s): Ameyaa (born in 2015)
- Gurpreet Gill (Ex-fiancee)
- Rani Mukerji (Actress, Rumour)
- Aishwarya Rai (Actress)
Vivek Oberoi Favorites
Hobbies: Social work, cooking, boxing
Favorite Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgan, Hrithik Roshan
Favorite Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra
Favorite Food: Apple Pie, Payasam, Rasmalai, Gulab Jamum, Sonpapdi
Favorite Color: Black
Vivek Oberoi Movies
|2002||Company||Chandrakant “Chandu” Nagre|
|Darna Mana Hai||Amar|
|Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na||Arjun Khanna|
|Deewane Huye Pagal||Narrator (Sutradhar)|
|2006||Home Delivery: Aapko… Ghar Tak||Sunny Chopra|
|Omkara||Keshav “Kesu” Firangi|
|2007||Shootout at Lokhandwala||Maya Dolas|
|Fool n Final||Luckee|
|2008||Mission Istaanbul||Rizwan Khan|
|2009||Luck by Chance||Kartikey|
|Rakta Charitra I||Prathap Ravi|
|Rakht Charitra II||Prathap Ravi|
|Raththa Sarithiram||Prathap Ravi|
|2011||Dekh Indian Circus|
|2012||Kismet Love Paisa Dilli||Lokesh “Lucky” Duggal|
|2013||Zila Ghaziabad||Satbir Gujjar|
|Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story||Jayantabhai|
|Grand Masti||Meet Mehta|
|2016||Great Grand Masti||Meet Mehta|
|2017||Bank Chor||CBI Officer Amjad Khan|
|2018||RaiFilm has yet to be released|
Vivek Oberoi Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vivek Oberoi
- Does Vivek Oberoi smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Vivek Oberoi drink alcohol?: No
- Vivek was born to a Tamil mother and a Punjabi father.
- He was a fine athlete during his school days as he used to play all kinds of sports such as hockey, table-tennis, football, and cricket. He even played hockey at the state and national levels.
- He was first spotted by the director of New York University at an acting workshop in London, after which he took Vivek to New York, where he did his Master’s in acting.
- Before becoming an actor, he worked as a scriptwriter.
- He was paid ₹3 lakhs for his debut film ‘Company’ (2002).
- In 2003, he called a press conference at his residence, where he alleged Salman Khan of calling him ’41 times’ and threatening to kill him because of his close relations with Aishwarya Rai.
- He adopted a village in Cuddalore district, Tamil Nadu, which was fully destroyed by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. He helped to rebuild the village and for which he was awarded the ‘Red and White Bravery Award‘ in 2006.
- In 2004, he founded ‘Karrm Infrastructure Pvt Ltd‘, a real estate company known for designing and managing low-budget housing solutions.
- He doesn’t consume alcohol, tea, coffee, and doesn’t smoke either.
- Earlier, he was a non-vegetarian, but Kareena Kapoor inspired him for adopting a vegetarian diet.
- He along with his family runs ‘Yashodhara Oberoi Foundation‘ to help poor people.
- He also runs a non-profit organization called ‘One Foundation‘ that focuses on empowerment and nation-building, such as – running schools, rescuing girls from child prostitution and forced labor, providing free food, healthcare, education, and empowerment of girls.
- His father-in-law, Late Jeevaraj Alva, was a minister in the Government of Karnataka and was also the Vice President of Janata Dal (United).
- In 2019, he was roped in to play the role of Narendra Modi in the biopic, titled PM Narendra Modi. The film was more in news for its delays; as it was scheduled to be released during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections; however, the Election Commission of India (ECI) had put a ban over its release till the end of the elections.